So, last Friday, finishing the four miles on the treadmill "trying to make up time," I hurt my hip. Like the front of my right hip, where hip bone, pelvis and leg bone all meet? That area. I limped afterward and it hurt for the remainder of the day. But Saturday was better and a rest day. Made Sunday a rest day, too. On Monday, when I started out my short run, it hurt a little, that "well, I know it's there" level of pain. As I was finishing my route, with less than a quarter mile to go - probably less - it hit me sharply and was dibilitating. I skipped/hopped/limped the rest of the way, just to finish, since I was close. I instantly feared a stress fracture (too many episodes of The Biggest Loser).
Not sure what it was, or is. But have stopped jogging on it since Monday, so missed my Wednesday run and today's long run. I've been on the recumbant bike at the gym, instead. Perk: My gym finally picked up Bravo and Fox News. Did they read my mind? My innermost desires? Just today, my hip feels really good, not even "I know it's there" level of pain. I'm hoping that means it's not bone related. Not going to the doctor until I see how I do next week, when I'm back to pounding all my bones, joints and ligaments on the pavement. So, I am set back and will start Monday with the hopes of finishing out the old schedule where four miles is the long run.
I am also thinking of making my run days down to two. A marathon running friend of mine did this with her training, to avoid injury. Seems like maybe I should, too! So I may do a run, bike, elliptical, rest, run, bike, rest schedule. Or add a day of weights and stretch. I'm a horrible stretcher - I never take the time to really, really, do it well. I'm sure that really was helping my hip...
But, if it's any consolation, I can easy, easy, do a half-marathon on the recumbant bike! I think it burns a whole 300 calories... sigh.

No comments:
Post a Comment